With two bedrooms sleeping 4, Little Owl is a little smaller than Barn Owl but has a similar layout. A spacious boot room with lots of space for coats and dirty boots leads into the main living room with an open-plan kitchen/dining area and comfortable settees in front of a log-burning stove, flat screen TV. Large french windows open onto a terrace with views over the paddocks and marshes towards the estuary and the sea. Three steps lead up to a carpeted gallery with doors to a double master bedroom with en suite shower, a second twin bedroom and a family bathroom.
Our Drover’s Hut, the Owl Box, sits overlooking the meadow in front of Little Owl and is available for use to those renting Little Owl or both properties together. With two bunk beds, its own WC/shower, wicker seating and a small desk, it makes the perfect hideaway for teenage children or provides privacy to anyone needing some peace and quiet – perhaps to get some work done.
Little Owl Gallery
Click on the thumbnails to see the photos
Click on the rooms to see the photos
- bed linen
- bath towels
- wood burning stove
Available on request:
- Spacious bootroom with plenty of room for coats, shoes and boots, pushchairs and golf clubs.
- Open-plan living room with a fully-fitted, well-equipped kitchen and dining area with dining table and six chairs. The sitting room area has twin 2-seater sofas, coffee table, flat screen HD TV, DVD and log burning stove. Large french doors open out to a terrace and secure garden area.
- The kitchen has a dishwasher, fridge and freezer, electric hob and separate oven, kettle, 4 slice toaster, microwave, and plenty of cupboard space.
- Carpeted raised gallery (three steps up) leading to two further bedrooms (one en-suite) and the family bathroom.
- Master bedroom with a king-sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, dressing table with drawers (hairdryer included), mirror and large cupboard with hanging space. The en-suite shower room includes a large shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Twin bedroom with two full-sized single beds, bedside chest of drawers with lamp, dressing table with mirror and drawers, coat stand with hangers.
- Family bathroom with slate effect floor, bath with overhead shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail.
- There is underfloor heating throughout. A basket of seasoned logs and kindling are provided for the log burning stove (further supplies can be purchased at £6 a basket if required). A “starter pack” for the barbecue is also provided.
- Bed linen and bath towels are provided but not beach, swimming, hot tub or dog towels.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in or close to the building.
- Wi-fi provided. Our internet speeds are better than in much of rural Suffolk but do not rely on being able to make large downloads.
Garden and Outside Area
- Little Owl and Barn Owl are semi-detached properties that each have their own secure gardens separating them from the main house and working farm.
- Little Owl has use of our Drover’s Hut, the Owl Box, which sits overlooking the meadow in front of Little Owl.
- The terrace, with table, chairs and views over the paddocks, is reached via french doors from the sitting room.
- There is a BBQ with some initial fuel provided.
- The shared laundry room (opposite the main house) has two washing machines, a tumble dryer, and a double stainless steel sink along with plenty of storage space in large lockable storage cages where you can store sailing, kiting, riding, fishing equipment and bikes.
- The property is set back 200 metres from the road with views over the paddocks where two horses happily graze. At different times of the year there are sheep on the fields too.
- Little Owl has its own parking next to the property. There is additional available for trailers, horse boxes, boats etc on request.
- There is a Games Barn with facilities for table tennis, pool and table football.
- There is a circular, outdoor plunge pool which can be used from July to September. 1.3 metres deep, the pool is accessed from wooden decking with views over the fields and is heated by solar power.
Availability and booking for the Owls at Oxley is handled by our agents Suffolk Secrets.
For large groups, Little Owl and Barn Owl can be rented together (includes Owl Box).